Here you go. All the trip info is below. For week 1, the king and queen rooms are already filled unless someone backs out. Week 2 has openings. Most who are coming so far and existing riders, so we have room for those looking for training.
I have a sneaking suspicion 99% of you are all looking for spring to come sooner than later. It's been a COLD winter and the time is here to talk about our annual spring trip to Cape Hatteras.
This is our 8th training and riding trip to Cape Hatteras in North Carolina.
The dates are April 26th - May 10th for 14 full days or riding, training and fun. Most riders pick week 1 or week 2.
Week 1 = April 26th - May 3rd (Check in day is April 26th, Checkout day is May 3rd). Sat - Sat
Week 2 = May 3rd - May 10th (Check in day is May 3rd, Checkout day is May 10th). Sat - Sat.
TRAINING, RIDING AND CONDO PRICING:
1) Weekly pricing for the bunk room or separate king or queen rooms.
*** $229.00 per person for 7 nights in the 4 person bunk room.
*** $439.00 per room for 7 nights in one of the 4 queen or king rooms.
*** If 2 people are willing to share a King or Queen Room, you split the cost.
2) We have openings for riders or couples who are interested in training. Week 1 is almost full with only 2 or 3 bunks available. Week 2 is mostly wide open. We can use riders looking for training week 1.
*** 5 hour training packages are $450.00 and this package is geared towards beginner riders.
*** 3 hour training packages are $270.00 and geared towards existing riders looking to improve your riding. Wake style, wave riding, jumping and more.
*** If more training hours are needed, we can add them while on the trip.
*** We limit the amount of training space to ensure the best student to trainer ratio possible.
3) For those who want training, but are up and riding, we may do a ride along with myself or another coach. A ride along is where the student and coach are both riding kites and we coach you in the shallow waters by showing you new moves, tricks, etc. One of the biggest benefits of riding in Cape Hatteras is the ability to stay in shallow water which makes learning new moves much easier. With modern high depower kites, it’s super easy for both the student and instructor to take breaks on the water with the kites safely depowered and talk about the next portion of the progression and tricks.
CONDO AND WINDS:
4) We are staying at the same house as we did last fall. It's a fantastic Condo/house right off of the Pamlico Sound in south Salvo. Centrally located in the tri city area and near some of the best riding spots on the Pamlico Sound and Ocean. It has 6 bedrooms total with 4 of them being master bedrooms and even has a pool table and of course wireless internet. Stoked for the condo.
The Pamlico Sound is well known for some of the best flat water riding in the country and miles and miles of shallow - knee to waist deep water.
Cape Hatteras is also known for its many downwinder sessions on the sound or ocean. We'll take you to some really good riding spots on either the ocean or sound side depending on wind directions and riders’ abilities, etc.
For ocean riding, there are 50-60 miles of coast line to pick and choose from depending on wind direction. Cape Hatteras has a lot to offer riders of all abilities.
Late April and May are typically good months for winds. Be prepared for mostly cool to warm temps, but it could get cold. Bring every size kite, board, wet suit, etc. if you have your own gear.
Demo and Rental policy
5) I'll have a great selection of demo kites and boards packed and ready to use. The purpose of the demo gear is for current riders to get a chance to try the latest and greatest gear to try to figure out if it's something that you would consider purchasing. It gives you a great opportunity to compare to your current gear or to other kites and boards I carry.
If a rider does NOT have a kite or board to use, then you may rent them for a day or a period of time. Rentals give you option to use the gear for a longer period of time. At times it may be windier than expected and you might not have a small kite to use. Or it might be too light and you don't own a big kite. This gives you the opportunity to use my gear as needed to help fill your gaps.
Kites and boards:
2014 Cabrinha SB IDS
2014 Cabrinha Contra 17m
2014 Cabrinha boards - Twin tips and surf boards
2014 Slingshot Rally's
2012 Slingshot Rally's
2014, 2013 Slingshot RPM's and 2014 Turbine.
2013 Blade Triggers, Primes and 17m Fat Lady
2014 Axis boards
2014 Slingshot Kite Surf boards
2014 Cabrinha Kite Surfboards
2013 Litewave DV8 Kite Surfboards
Plus a few surprises.
*** For new riders who are doing the training package, there will be a minimal $60 charge to use our gear. If purchasing any kites, boards or packages through Kiteriders, this will be fully refunded towards your purchase.
*** If by chance the wind gods do not cooperate and new riders who are doing the training package do not use all the hours, I will give credit back for time not used towards any gear.
*** Priority of gear and accommodations will go to those who are paying for the full package deal with training.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEE FOR STUDENTS:
If at the end of the trip your expectations were not met, we'll make things right. Those who know me and Kiteriders will attest that we'll do what is needed to make sure all students are satisfied with the results and efforts.
THE CHILL FACTOR:
The goal is for everyone to have a great time, meet new friends and talk about the days awesome sessions while chilling over some beers and food in the hot tub, etc. We're all there to do our part to make sure everyone chips in when needed so the Karma gods are with us at all times.
Everyone is there to learn and ride…including the coaches and trainers. Our main focus though is to make sure everyone has a great trip.
FINAL NOTES AND DUE DATES:
*** Final decisions should be made no later than Saturday, March 1st.
*** Prices will rise after the 1st of March for those not confirmed.
*** Payments due asap in full by Wednesday March 5th. I prefer a check, Dwolla.com, cashiers check or money order by the 11th of September. Credit cards are also accepted.
*** For those who are flying, you can fly into Norfolk, VA. or other nearby airports such as Newport News, and Washington DC. It's about 2.5 to 3 hours to Cape Hatteras from Norfolk, VA.
*** If driving, let me know if there are opportunities to car pool.
I'll do my best to answer your questions that come up, so please let me know asap if you can join us this year in OBX.
2944 Ivanhoe Glen
Madison, WI 53711