Kite Riders Message Forums

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:57 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

With the fall winds right around the corner and summer winding down quickly, it's time to talk about our fall Cape Hatteras (OBX) trip.

This is our 11th trip to Cape Hatteras in North Carolina and we're once again staying at one of the best houses on the entire island. It's right on the beautiful Pamlico Sound. Right outside our back door is a big lawn with grass rigging, launching and landing right on the waters edge. Stoked? I hope so.

As always, this trip fills up fast even without any advertising and this fall is no exception. We're almost completely full due to rooms being taken with riders from past trips and by other riders via word of mouth.

The dates are October 10th - October 24th for 14 full days or riding, training and fun. Most riders pick week 1 or week 2. Some will stay for both weeks.

Week 1 = October 10th - October 17th (Check in day is October 10th, Checkout day is October 17th). Sat - Sat.
Week 2 = October 17th - October 24th (Check in day is October 17th, Checkout day is October 24th). Sat - Sat.

Here is what is open for both weeks.

Week 1: One King room is still open.
Week 2: One bunk is still open.

I will start a wait list since we will get cancellations on occasion.

TRAINING, RIDING AND CONDO PRICING:

Contact me direct for pricing.

The Pamlico Sound is well known for some of the best flat water riding in the country and miles and miles of shallow - knee to waist deep water.
Cape Hatteras is also known for its many downwinder sessions on the sound or ocean. We'll take you to some great riding spots on either the ocean or sound side depending on wind directions and riders' abilities, etc.
For ocean riding, there are 50-60 miles of coast line to pick and choose from depending on wind direction. Cape Hatteras has a lot to offer riders of all abilities.
October is usually a great month for winds. Be prepared for mostly warm temps. Bring every size kite, board, wet suit, etc. if you have your own gear.

GEAR:

Demo and rental gear available with the latest greatest 2016 gear already in house and ready to fly and use.

The goal is for everyone to have a great time, meet new friends and talk about the days awesome sessions while chilling over some beers and food in the hot tub, etc. We're all there to do our part to make sure everyone chips in when needed so the Karma gods are with us at all times.
Everyone is there to learn and ride and enjoy each others company and share stories and any good crashes.

FINAL NOTES AND DUE DATES:

*** Final decisions should be made no later than Friday, August 14th.
*** Prices will rise after the August 14th for those not confirmed.
*** Payments due asap in full by Saturday, August 22nd.

I'll do my best to answer your questions that come up, so please let me know asap if you can join us this year in OBX.

Woo hoo.

Bob
Robert Cook
Kite-Riders, LLC
2944 Ivanhoe Glen
Madison, WI 53711
608-273-1817 ph
608-273-1813 fax
608-358-0514 cell
bob@kiteridersllc.com
www.kiteridersllc.com