Kite Riders Message Forums

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:49 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:32 am 
Site Admin

It's been a long winter and it finally looks like some warm weather coming which will help us realize spring is just around the corner.

Who's thinking about Foilboarding and considering learning how to do ride this year? Gear will be limited for supply, hence this post.

We're making a very strong commitment to foil boarding by offering everything you will need to get going and to become proficient. Gear....lessons....clinics, etc.

It's the coolest thing riding several feet above the water and it feels like riding in endless powder. It's amazing how many green (5-15 mph) days all of a sudden are super fun. 10-20? Perfect. I think I almost doubled my days on the water last year by adding a foil board.

I just love being on the water and really love the challenge of learning something new and then being able to share the stoke with others.

So here's the skinny:

I spent all last spring and summer teaching myself and while doing so, taking many notes and vids on how to do this sport. I've come up with a lesson plan to help others reduce the learning time and make life a lot easier than I had it. You'll still need to put in the effort, but I/we can help if needed. I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before I ever decided to sell gear to others. Foilboarding is a different animal and you should make sure to do things the right way also.

We're also the ONLY business in the region that has a Jet Ski or support craft to take you to deeper waters and help reduce the learning curve if needed during a lesson.

Learning to foil board will take you back to the beginning and you'll have to completely rethink how and where you will ride and the risks.

We'll help with that process so you can make the right location choices when riding. It's very difficult to ride from shallow waters in straight onshore winds when learning. Analyzing launch locations is very important. However, we also encourage becoming a self sufficient foil boarder, so we will make sure you have the skills afterwards to be able to ride in onshore winds from shallow waters. It's possible, just not easy when learning.

Madison is one of the best locations in the region to learn to ride foil boards. Same thing with kiteboarding in general. We have a hidden gem here with 5 lakes to choose from and great locations. Almost every wind direction is covered. No shore break, small chop and the waters warm up quickly in the spring once it gets warm.

I already have a lot of interest for this year and our training time will be limited. Jens, Karl and Craig and not yet able to teach foil boarding, so it's just me so far.

Contact me direct if you are considering trying foilboarding or if you know you are all in.

I'm also taking pre-orders with deposits on boards. Boards will be limited this spring, so first come, first served. My first orders are already half sold.

Below is a link to the boards and it's also important to support those who are authorized dealers. We work hard to promote our brands and work hard to promote the sport the proper way. We're the only authorized Slingshot dealer in the region and now also the same with Liquid Force. MHL is probably the best known so far in the business.

http://kiteridersllc.com/karty2/index.php?route=product/category&path=73

Please contact me asap with any questions:

bob@kiteridersllc.com
608-358-0514

Can't wait for the waters to open up here soon.