Kite Riders Message Forums

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:31 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

Without a doubt, this event has greatly exceeded any expectations I had coming into the event by a mile.

The crew up here has gone way above and beyond to help make this event a great success. Mad props to Dan Deuster and Kevin Gratton as well as Ed, Bob, Jason, Mike and a ton of others.

It's hard to imagine it all without being here, but the level of detail is incredible. Every hour is filled with something and these guys and girls deserve a Spotted Cow.

There are still 2 more really good wind days, so get your asses up here. No excuses. There's still some freestyle events to be had on Friday.

For the racers:

Free waxing everyday? Love it.

Free lunches and breakfast every day? Love it.

Meeting a lot of new friends and seeing how serious riders are from around the world is pretty cool. If you haven't seen any of my pics on Facebook, there's an immense amount of high end gear. Most top racers are on 138 cm SPEED skis. Not DH, but speed skis. Russia is in first place followed closely be Canada and Germany. All foil racers in the top 7 to 8 slots. I'm consistently placing in the top 1, 2 or 3 places each day for inflatables, but the first day really sucked, so I had some ground to make up. If I finish really strong on Friday....the last race day....I may be able to take over 1st or 2nd.

Great competition and kick a** tough courses.

Later,

Bob