Kite Riders Message Forums

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:13 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:36 am 
Site Admin

Hello everyone,

We have one spot that just opened up for our Fall trip of 2017. Yes, this fall. These trips are usually full, but on occasion, we'll get a cancelation.

Our Spring 2018 trip is already full. Your fall 2018 Trip is already 3/4's full.

We have room for one person and if you are learning, we have room for lessons.

The opening is WEEK 2: Oct 21st - 28th.

Here is more info. Contact me direct for any pricing.

The dates are October 14th - October 28th for 14 full days or riding, training and fun.
Most riders pick week 1 or week 2. Some will stay for both weeks.

Week 1 = October 14th - October 21st (Sat - Sat).
Week 2 = October 21st - October 28th (Sat - Sat).
*The last day is checkout day.

Week 1: Full
Week 2: 1 bunk with lessons if so desired.

Contact me direct for pricing info.

BTW.....we also have Spring and Fall of 2018 already booked. Same house. We're taking deposits for any of these trips. $100 to hold any spots.

Spring = April 14th - 28th
Fall = October 13th - 27th

2) Training info:
*** 5 hour training packages and this package is geared towards beginner riders.
*** 3 hour training packages and geared towards existing riders looking to improve your riding. Wake style, wave riding, jumping, foil boarding and more.
*** If more training hours are needed, we can add them while on the trip.
*** We limit the amount of training space to ensure the best student to trainer ratio possible.

3) For those who want training, but are up and riding, we may do a ride along. A ride along is where the student and coach are both riding kites and we coach you in the shallow waters by showing you new moves, tricks, etc. One of the best benefits of riding in Cape Hatteras is the ability to stay in shallow water which makes learning new moves much easier. With modern high depower kites, it's super easy for both the student and instructor to take breaks on the water with the kites safely depowered and talk about the next portion of the progression and tricks.

CONDO / HOUSE AND WINDS:

As mentioned, we are staying in a new house right on the Pamlico Sound. It's a fantastic Condo/house in Rodanthe. Centrally located in the tri-city area and near some of the best riding spots on the Pamlico Sound and Ocean. It has 6 bedrooms total with 5 of them being king (Master) bedrooms and it even has a pool table, gear storage area, a pool and of course wireless internet. The house also has many upgrades including stainless steel appliances and big flat screen TV's in most every room.

Wireless internet is also included.

The Pamlico Sound is well known for some of the best flat water riding in the country and miles and miles of shallow - knee to waist deep water.
Cape Hatteras is also known for its many downwinder sessions on the sound or ocean. We'll take you to some great riding spots on either the ocean or sound side depending on wind directions and riders' abilities, etc.
For ocean riding, there are 50-60 miles of coast line to pick and choose from depending on wind direction. Cape Hatteras has a lot to offer riders of all abilities.
October is usually a great month for winds. Be prepared for mostly cool to warm temps, but it could get chili. Bring every size kite, board, wet suit, etc. if you have your own gear.

Demo:
I'll have a great selection of new 2018 demo kites and boards packed and ready to use. Cabrinha Apollos and Switchblades and Drifters, Slingshot Rallys, SSTs and Turbines, Blade Fat Lady and more.
Foil boards, Foilboards and Foilboards. Did I say Foilbaords? It will change your outlook on riding.
The purpose of the demo gear is for current riders to get a chance to try the latest and greatest gear to try to figure out if it's something that you would consider purchasing. It gives you a great opportunity to compare to your current gear or to other kites and boards I carry. However, demos are not meant to be used for hours and hours. Then it becomes a rental.

Rentals:
If a rider does NOT have a kite or board to use, then you may rent them for a day or a period of time. Rentals give you option to use the gear for a longer period of time. At times it may be windier than expected and you might not have a small kite to use. Or it might be too light and you don't own a big kite. This gives you the opportunity to use my gear as needed to help fill your gaps.

SATISFACTION GUARANTEE FOR STUDENTS AND GUESTS:

If at the end of the trip your expectations were not met, we'll make things right. Those who know me and Kiteriders will attest that we'll do what is needed to make sure all students and guests are satisfied with the results and efforts.

THE FUN FACTOR:

Everyone is there to have a great time, become new or better riders, meet new friends and talk about the days awesome sessions while chilling over some beers and food in the hot tub, etc. We're all there to do our part to make sure everyone chips in when needed so the Karma gods are with us at all times.
Everyone is there to learn and ride and enjoy each others company and share stories and any good crashes.

I'll do my best to answer your questions that come up, so please let me know asap if you can join us this year in OBX.

Woo hoo.