Kite Riders Message Forums

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:06 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Flysurfer 6M 2Cool
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:23 am 

Thought I'd toss this out there...

I picked up a 6M 2Cool this year for winter riding. I was looking for the quick setup lunch time ride machine when time was at a premium.

I have had it out 3 or 4 times since I bought it and each time I am more and more impressed. It flies on 4 lines with a 5th line safety. And YES, it is depower-able. Push out for less, pull in for more. Release the kite to the 5th and it kills the kite to a separate center bridle and the kite falls but is then super easy to walk out and grab the bar to go again.

Parking the kite is brainless, just pull in the back lines and the kite flies backwards until it sits on terra firma. If you crash the kite, pull the back lines again (one more than the other) and it reverses up at an angle allowing you to drop and grab the bar, steering it to where you want to go.

It is a bit more sensitive than a bow kites sheeting. Once you have it up in the air it is easy to adjust the trim strap so that your ON/Off is where you want it, but it is easy to over sheet it and it will stall if you aren’t somewhat attentive. This took some adjustment due to being on Bow Kites and when I wanted to jump I’d crank in on the bar for more, but on this kite you will stall it if you pull in too much.

The kite is stable. Park on the side and pull in a bit and the kite just hangs there. No folding or collapsing…it just hangs out there ready to go.

Anyways, I’m impressed and like the kite. I’ve had it out on the same day I was riding a 12M or 9M xbow and was able to ride with it. If I had any complaint it would be that the chicken loop seems a bit knotty, but I’m about to remedy that with a cabrinha loop.

So, there is an alternative for someone if they are looking. And if you see me out and want to take it for a spin just ask!