Kite Riders Message Forums

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Eclipse 12m thruster
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:19 pm 

Took out the new Thruster 12m on a 10- 20 NW day on Waubesa, The snow was spotty with ice fields and slush. I didn't know if the 12m would be enough kite for this day, but really wanted to try. I set kite up for max power and got a launch. Noticed it had a minimal bridal system that looked different than any I have seen.

At first it seemed a bit underpowered until I realized it needed a different style than my Xbows. Bar pressure very light, but not invisible. What struck me the most was the speed and stable feel it had. A lot of kites in the past were fast but felt twitchy, you needed to keep your eye on the kite every minute. As the wind picked up this kite remained rock steady. lots of depower, never felt jerked around. inspired confidence to try new things. Its the kite for me. Jumping is insane, I can't wait for some better wind this thing just wants to go. Turning is ridiculously easy. Loops are almost done as an afterthought.

On the down side the release is a bit tricky as the instructions show only one way to pull the loop. (Towards your chicken loop not to the side)

Construction looks and feels like a slingshot. Struts have an angle design. Green and yellow colors are cool. Crashed it hard and no damage. Curt and Jeff also were on hand to try it and really liked it. But don't buy one, I think its better if only I own one.

I have to thank Bob for the head's up on these kites. If you haven't tried one you probably should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:07 am 

Hello guys,
Well thank you very much for all the good and positive info about ECLIPSE kites. Chris and I have put so much effort to bring you the best kite out there. Wait and see once the word gets out there about these kites.
Also Bob has been a great help leting us know what needs to be done.
This is the reason why we are able to bring you the best equipment out there because of all the feed back we get from dealer like Bob and customers.
Well any way, I wish everybody Happy Holidays.