Kite Riders Message Forums

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:51 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Aruba
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:55 pm 

Been down in Aruba for 3 days so far. I kited the first two and took today off to cruise around the island with my wife. (yes, believe it or not, I took a day off of kiting). GREAT wind. 15 knots, 82 degrees and sunny. Only issue is that the spots to kite are either directly onshore (which doesn't bother me too much) or directly offshore (which makes me nervous even though you can have the locals keep an eye on you). The problem with the directly offshore location (Fisherman's Huts) is that it is somewhat gusty. I rode a 12 meter Switchblade 2 and was either overpowered or underpowered the majority of the time. The gustiness reminded me of being back in the midwest (don't get me wrong, I love kiting in Milwaukee, but let's face it, most of us go on vacation to find better places to kite than our local spots). Anyways, I plan to head back to Boca Grandi tomorrow for some onshore action.

--Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:50 pm 

As I re-read my above post, it sounds like I might be rating the switchblade 2 poorly. That is NOT the case. It is a GREAT KITE! It is the terribly gusty conditions that made it tough to ride at Fisherman's Huts (offshore breeze). A crossbow 2 may have made it better as you don't have to sheet out as far to get the same amount of depower.

--Bill