Here is a quick update on the Stampede conditions and status. We are committed to this date and will be out on the ice making the best of whatever conditions are dealt us. We have enough ice, but virtually no snow. We are still praying for the forecast to improve for us. Depending on the conditions presented to us on Saturday, the competition directors will decide which events will be hosted. We did launch the WAK SHAK on the lake this past weekend.http://www.wakkiteboarding.com/imagejpeg_2_2.jpg
With the current conditions, we decided to keep it as close to shore as possible. Unfortunately for us, there is a lot of fisherman, atv and snowmobile traffic around the boat launch. We did place it far enough out from shore that we will hopefully miss most of that traffic, but not too far to walk out. It was a warm day around here today, but when we launched the shack on Saturday, we had 12" of ice. The Sturgeon Stampede Winter Kiteboarding Classic will ...... of course, stampede on! If no snow, alternate activities include, wake skate ( windsurf on a bladed boards, we have extra), beer, ice skating, ice bowling, beer, STURG-O-RAMA, sturgeon queen contest, minnow shots, beer, music, bon fire, lots of food, and of course, beer. A big party and everyone is invited. All we really need now is the snow. We`ve been in this spot before and scored snow the day before the event, so, pray, dance, or shake rocks (maybe this only works for the wind) for snow. I will update the conditions later in the week!