Kite Riders Message Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:20 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

Wow....crazy busy spring with some really good riding lately especially for those who are foilboarding. Training is in full swing and it looks like some good winds coming the next 3 days.

I've been asked by some to help post on here where to ride.

At times, my choice for location may be determined more by training than by riding. Sunday is a perfect example. See below.

Saturday is S = Gov Nelson. We'll be training and riding there most of the day. Keep gear more towards the northern part of the beach and consider other kiters and beach goers when on land or the water.

Sunday is SW = Burrows. We're training there due to fewer weeds and better for practicing foilboarding. Olbrich would be better for riding if you don't drop your kite in the water. My guess is Olbrich is heavy with weeds. Burrows will be more difficult to launch on land, so be smart.

Monday is NW = Burrows. Easy decision.

Each day looks like around 10-20. If anyone wants to try foilboarding, let me know. If I'm training, you can rent the set up and try on your own. I you want a lesson, let me know asap.

It's sick how many more days of riding you'll get in and the challenge to learn and progress is worth it especially once you get comfortable trying new things.

I hope this helps.